Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy 2010 to everyone

Okay everyone, don't act too surpised that I am updating my blog! It is one of my goals to keep up on it this year and get it printed out into a book that we can uses for Family History- I hope you enjoy reading things about our family this year as much as I love reading your stories and seeing your cute families.




We spent Christmas in Utah this year. It was so much fun even though it was cold and snowy. It really felt like Christmas with the snow. We Texans aren't used to the snowy roads, iced windshields, and slippery ice sidewalks- but we managed fine! Before Christmas, Ben and I took a vacation to Hawaii- well he had a few meetings and I tagged along. Probably the funnest vacation I have ever been on. I wished we could have stayed a day or two or MORE longer. It was so fun just being with Ben- he is so much fun and had everyone laughing the whole week. we spent time with our friends- Joe and Kristen Stuart, Jen and Darin Allred, Kevin and Hannah Borchard, and James and Karrn Bales. We hiked, we relaxed, we went to the north shore to watch the surfers,we swan in a very cold pond with a waterfall, went snorkling, went parasailing, went to the polynesian cultural center, went to the Hawaii temple, went four wheeling, went shopping, and ate so much food! I have to say, I am very proud of myself- I tried fish and I loved it!




These are some pictures we took at Christmas time. We were at Ben Parents home for Christmas this year. We played lots of fun games, ate lots of junk, but most importantly- spent time with family.









Family pictures Christmas 2009







I love my family so much. They are my greatest joy!
Ben and I have now been married 13 years! Its gets better each year!
I love him so much!
A crazy story:
When traveling back to Texas from San Diego, we had tire blow out on us about 103 miles from San Antonio. While attempting to change the tire, Ben took his wedding ring off and put it into his pocket. When we got home that night, Ben realized that his ring was no longer in his pocket. We assumed it must have fallen out while he was underneath the car. My friend Tracey and I went back to the spot about 2 weeks later and looked for the ring. We could not find it anywhere. I debated getting Ben a new ring for our anniversary or for Christmas, but had a feeling that the ring was still out there. On our way home from Christmas vacation in Utah, we stopped at the spot again to look for the ring. The ring was lost over 5 months ago- there have been many Texas rain storms, winds, and who knows what else. Well needless to say, Ben and I were kicking up dirt looking for his ring and had just about given up when Ben decided to look about 10 feet back from where it should have been and there it was! A small part of the ring was sticking out of the dirt. We started jumping up and down, giving high fives and hugging right there on I-10! This is a miracle no doubt!
My Family




Mom and Dad in the back
Brooke, McKell, Zach, Wade, JaCoy, Tarah

Winter Fun!

The kids had so much fun riding the four wheeler at Grandma Linda's and grandpa Noals house. We had a hard time getting them off of it!
Grandma Cheryl and Grandpa Rand also have a four wheeler that was a big hit!











One of the funnest things we did at Christmas was to spend time with our new little cousin, Taytum. She is so cute and so fun to hold!

Year 2010 is going to be a great year. We have so many things to look forward to. Next big event will be Kate's 6th Birthday!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Look at you! I get to leave the first comment on your first update in a year! All that talk about blogs got you motivated ;) We need another vacation. Want to come? Miss you guys!

Becky said...

I am so glad for your new resolution! I loved reading about your family and all the fun you have been having. I especially loved reading about the ring. Miracles happen every day.... I also loved the pictures that you posted. You are still as beautiful as ever. Glad to see you are well... Take Care...

Anonymous said...

This is a good picture of the boy. He was absolutely beautiful! https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_48qVyX3upuE/S0aNQnP4nkI/AAAAAAAAAFk/2JwxQZgIDW8/s0/IMG_3646.JPG When I displayed him life size he appeared to be directly in front of me. I was left breathless by his beauty and good looks. I finaly leaned close and buried my face in his neck and began kissing his neck and slowly worked my way up to his ear. The display is warm and silky smooth so it seemed like I was really kissing him which was very exciting. I ran my tongue around his ear and began kissing his ear and whispering to him how beautiful he looks. I kissed my way along his cheek until I came to his mouth and lips. I began caressing his lips with my tongue and kissing his mouth. OMG! It was incredible. I took my time with him because it seemed like I was really kissing him! I am going to tighten the crop on this little beauty and put him on display life size in my bedroom in one of my digital picture displays. I can hardly wait. It is going to be wonderful having such a good looking boy on display life size in the privacy of my room.